Church of St Cadoc, Cheriton, Swansea

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SS4593
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Thirteenth century and little altered. Porch 1874-75. Restored in 1875, under the direction of the Tractarian rector, the Revd J. D. Davies. Carved woodwork, including altar, altar rails and roof bosses by J. D. Davies himself.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Prichard


Artworks at this site:
 Holy Baptism Holy Baptism
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
about 1975
Church of St Cadoc, Cheriton, Swansea
west wall of the nave
  Representations of Christ the King, the Holy Spirit and the Resurrection Representations of Christ the King, the Holy Spirit and the Resurrection
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1973
Church of St Cadoc, Cheriton, Swansea
east wall


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Cadoc, Cheriton, Swansea height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017