Oratory of Our Lady Queen of Peace, Caldey Island, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS139968

Church (Roman Catholic)
Possible watchtower fitted up as Oratory 1906 by J. C. Hawes, a member of the Benedictine community.

Artworks at this site:
  Calvary Calvary
about 1920-1930
Oratory of Our Lady Queen of Peace, Caldey Island, Pembrokeshire
adjacent to the oratory, on raised ground overlooking the sea



Other sites at Caldey Island, Pembrokeshire
Caldey Abbey
Church of St David
Church of St Mary and St Samson
Priory Church of St Mary and St Illtyd
The Cottages





Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017