Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire
Diocese of Monmouth
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: ST51509053
Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Waleslarger image
Norman foundation, in close association with the Castle/Manor House adjacent. Some Norman work remains. Mainly thirteenth-fifteenth century work. Restored 1874 by A. W. Maberly. Manor, possessed by Lewis family from fifteenth-twentieth century, principally the work of Henry Lewis (pre-1508-71), especially gatehouse. Remodelled in the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries.
| Memorial Window |
about 1843Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel
| The Ascension and The Nativity |
about 1859Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave
Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021