Church of St Mary Magdalene, Pontygwaith, Rhondda Cynon Taff

formerly in: Glamorgan


Diocese of Llandaff

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST00949410

Church(Anglican)

Church built 1894–6 to the design of G.E. Halliday. Closed 1997.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Mary Magdalene, Pontygwaith, Rhondda Cynon Taff on Google


People associated with this site
   as architect: G. E. Halliday


Artworks at this site:
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
about 1896
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Pontygwaith, Rhondda Cynon Taff
east wall of the chancel
View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021