Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea, Glamorgan

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SS6392
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Parish of Swansea St James, which became an independent parish in 1985, having been previously a daughter church of St Mary, Swansea.
Built in 1863-1867 by Thomas Nicholson of Hereford, though proposed tower and spire were never constructed. Funded by the Walters family of Swansea. http://www.stjamesswansea.org.uk/index.htm

Artworks at this site:
  Te Deum Laudamus Te Deum Laudamus
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
1954
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
east wall of chancel
  The Ship of the Church The Ship of the Church
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
about 1955
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
west wall



Other sites at Uplands, Swansea, Glamorgan
Swansea Synagogue

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017