Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SM975229
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church restored 1834-6 by W. Phillips of Haverfordwest, again in 1853, and then in 1896-7 by Pinder & Fogarty of Bournemouth.


Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire on Google


Artworks at this site:
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
artist (after): Leonardo da Vinci
about 1920
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the sanctuary
  An Angel Presenting a Fallen Soldier to the Risen Christ An Angel Presenting a Fallen Soldier to the Risen Christ
Designer: Mary Lowndes
1920
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb
artist: A. L. Moore
firm/studio: A. L. Moore & Son
about 1898
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: A. L. Moore & Son
about 1920
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
north wall


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018