Church of St Peter, Marloes, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SM7908
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval, but rebuilt 1875-7 by Charles Buckeridge, and, after his death, J. L. Pearson. Retains Norman font and some eighteenth century memorials.

Artworks at this site:
  Christ Standing by the Waters Christ Standing by the Waters
artist: John Petts
1990
Church of St Peter, Marloes, Pembrokeshire
north wall by entrance
  Christ Calling Peter and Andrew Christ Calling Peter and Andrew
1911
Church of St Peter, Marloes, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  He Lives He Lives
about 2000-2006
Church of St Peter, Marloes, Pembrokeshire
south east corner of the crossing


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Peter, Marloes, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017