Church of St Peter, Llandevaud, Newport

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST397909
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Rebuilt 1843 by Edward Haycock, after a long period in ruins.

Artworks at this site:
  Jesus is Anointed and Suffer the Little Children Jesus is Anointed and Suffer the Little Children
Designer: Henry Holiday
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1882
Church of St Peter, Llandevaud, Newport
west wall
  The Risen Light of Christ The Risen Light of Christ
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1961
Church of St Peter, Llandevaud, Newport
north wall of the nave
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
firm/studio: John Hall & Sons
about 1928
Church of St Peter, Llandevaud, Newport
north wall of the nave
  Instruments of the Passion with Christ the Good Shepherd Instruments of the Passion with Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
1897
Church of St Peter, Llandevaud, Newport
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Peter, Llandevaud, Newport height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_0707.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017