Karl Parsons (1884-1934)

Stained glass artist. Born in Peckham, Karl Bergmann Parsons was pupil and assistant to Christopher Whall and set up his own studio at Lowndes & Drury's Glass House from 1908–30. He succeeded Whall as the principal teacher of stained glass at the Central School of Arts & Crafts in 1906, continuing until 1929 when he retired from the post.

Mapping Sculpture entry
Wikipedia entry

Further reading

Peter Cormack, Arts and Crafts Stained Glass (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2015), pp. 255–7, 276, 280 and further references.

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 95.




Search for further information about Karl Parsons on Google

Your search found 5 results.
  The Virgin Mary The Virgin Mary
artist: Karl Parsons
1908
Church of St Mary, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the sanctuary
  Receiving the Crown of Life Receiving the Crown of Life
artist: Karl Parsons
1917
Church of St Mary, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north aisle
  Memorial Tablet Memorial Tablet
artist: Karl Parsons
about 1919
Church of St Mary, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north aisle
  Te Deum Te Deum
artist: Karl Parsons
1927
Church of All Saints, Porthcawl, Bridgend
east wall of the sanctuary
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
architect: Karl Parsons
1929
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
south wall


Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021