Daniells & Fricker

George Daniels (sometimes Daniel or Daniells, 1854-1940) was initially apprenticed to Clayton & Bell and prepared cartoons for the firm from 1880-1920. During this time and afterwards he also worked with Horace Wilkinson and F.C. Eden. By 1916 he set up a partnership with the glass painter Fricker in London, located on High Street, Fulham, although the studio seems to have moved to Belsize Road, Kilburn, within a few years. Fricker had been a glass painter to Edward Frampton. The studio relocated to 238 Belsize Road, Kilburn by 1920.

Further reading

Alfred L. Wilkinson, 'Edward Frampton, 1850–1929, Master Glass-Painter' Journal of the British Society of Master Glass-Painters, vol. xi, no. 2 (1952–3), p. 71.

A. L. Wilkinson, 'Obituary: George Daniels (1854-1940)' Journal of the British Society of Master Glass-Painters, vol. viii, no. 2 (1940), 82.

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 37.




Search for further information about Daniells & Fricker on Google

Your search found 2 results.
  The Parable of the Talents The Parable of the Talents
firm/studio: Daniells & Fricker
1916
Church of St Mary, Aberavon, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of south aisle
  Receiving the Crown of Life Receiving the Crown of Life
firm/studio: Daniells & Fricker
1920
Church of St Mary, Aberavon, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
west wall of the nave


Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021