Richard King (1907-1974)Born in County Mayo, Richard King studied at Dublin Metropolitan School of Art, and was introduced to Harry Clarke by his tutor Austin Molloy. Having joined Harry Clarke's studio, he became the firm's chief designer after Clarke's death in 1931. He established his own stained glass studio in Dalkey in 1940, and many examples of his work may be found in Ireland. He also worked as a painter and illustrator.
Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 75.
Ruth Sheehy, 'The Art of Richard King: Nazareth House' in Studies: An Irish Quarterly Review, vol. 84, no. 335, pp. 267-277 (1995).
Your search found 1 results.
| Virgin and Child |
artist: Richard King
Church of the Holy Cross, Aberaeron, Ceredigion
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018