Swaine Bourne & Son (founded 1868)

Firm founded by Swaine Bourne (died 1923). During the 1890s Frederick Louis Tait was the chief designer. Swaine Bourne was subsequently joined by his son Kendrick Swaine Bourne (1872-1960), a pupil of Henry Payne at Birmingham School of Art from 1888-91, who took over the firm after his father's death in 1923. The firm had several addresses in Birmingham and on Tottenham Court Road in London.

Your search found 2 results.
  Christ in the House of Martha and Mary and with Women and Children Christ in the House of Martha and Mary and with Women and Children
firm/studio: Swaine Bourne & Son
about 1904
Mount Pleasant Congregational Church, Pontypool, Torfaen
(liturgical) east wall of the chancel
  The Parable of the Talents The Parable of the Talents
firm/studio: Swaine Bourne & Son
about 1906
Victoria Road United Reformed Church, Newport
side wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017