Thomas Baillie (1815-1883)Stained glass artist. Thomas Baillie established his firm in 1838, but also worked with his brother Edward Baillie (1812–56). After Edward's death Thomas Baillie became head of the family firm, which was joined by George Mayer (from 1854) and then William Lutwyche (1840–1908).
For more about the firm see Sussex Parish Churches
Birkin Haward, Nineteenth Century Suffolk Stained Glass (Woodbridge: Boydell, 1989), p. 151.
Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 7.
| The Ascension and the Crucifixion |
firm/studio: Thomas Baillie
1859Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys
east wall of the chancel
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021