George Myers (1803-1875)Building contractor and furniture maker who worked closely with A. W. N. Pugin. He built many of Pugin's commissions, including St Chad's Cathedral in Birmingham, and made woodwork and stonecarving to designs by Pugin as well as G. E. Street and others. He was one of the main contributors to the Medieval Court at the Great Exhibition, along with Pugin, John Hardman, Herbert Minton and J. G. Crace. He is credited with carving Pugin's effigy at the Church of St Augustine, Ramsgate.
Pugin: A Gothic Passion (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1994).
| Virgin and Child |
designer: Augustus Northmore Welby Pugin
artist: George Myers
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
south wall of south aisle
Browse list of people in the database
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019