A L Moore & Son (about 1874-1952)

Arthur Louis Moore (1849-1939) established the firm in about 1874, originally with S. Gibbs. By 1880 the firm was simply known as A L Moore, then A L Moore and Son after his son (Charles Eustace Moore (1880-1956) joined the firm in the late 1890s.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 86.



Your search found 8 results.
  The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb
artist: A. L. Moore
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1898
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  Scenes from the Passion and Resurrection of Christ Scenes from the Passion and Resurrection of Christ
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1898-1900
Church of St David, Carreg-wen, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1898-1900
Church of St David, Carreg-wen, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Virgin Mary and the Risen Christ The Virgin Mary and the Risen Christ
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1898-1900
Church of St David, Carreg-wen, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
1912
Church of St Mary, Carew, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the north transept
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1920
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
north wall
  Receiving the Crown of Life with St George and St Martin Receiving the Crown of Life with St George and St Martin
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
1919
Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo, Ceredigion
west wall of the nave
  Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John, St Mary Magdalene and Longinus Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John, St Mary Magdalene and Longinus
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
1928
Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo, Ceredigion
north wall of the nave




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017