Gerald Edward Roberts Smith (1883-1959)

Stained glass designer. Born in Dorset and educated at Chester Arts School. Smith joined A. K. Nicholson's studio in 1906, and succeeded Nicholson in 1937 on his death. He was an early member of the British Society of Master Glass Painters, and Chairman from 1958-59. He had trained under Edward Frampton (1850-1929) who had himself trained with Clayton & Bell.

Your search found 2 results.
  Te Deum Laudamus Te Deum Laudamus
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
1954
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
east wall of chancel
  The Ship of the Church The Ship of the Church
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
designer: Gerald Edward Roberts Smith
about 1955
Church of St James, Uplands, Swansea
west wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017