Chance Brothers & Co.In 1822 Robert Lucas Chance bought the glassworks in Smethwick from Joseph Stock and Thomas and Philip Palmer. He was joined by John Hartley and his brother William, but after John Hartley's sons left the partnership after their father's death, the firm became Chance Brothers & Co. in 1836. In 1851 the firm supplied the glass for Crystal Palace. They made coloured glass from the later 1830s until 1867, after which their artists set up on their own, among them Samuel Evans and Thomas William Camm, who established T.W. Camm & Co.
Your search found 1 results.
| Ascension with the Four Evangelists |
designer: John Pollard Seddon
firm/studio: Chance Brothers & Co.
Church of St John the Evangelist, Maindee, Newport
east wall of the chancel
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017