The Adoration of the Magi

  The Adoration of the Magi

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1904

medium: gesso
technique: cast, painted
size: 150 cm (height) [approx]
artist: Henry Wilson

Church of St Dyfrig and St Samson, Grangetown, Cardiff
east wall

Originally the high altar reredos for the church of St Dyfrig, Cardiff, built by J.D. Sedding and consecrated 14 November 1893. The reredos was put in place in 1904 by Sedding's former partner Henry Wilson. The first vicar of St Dyfrig's, H A Coe, modelled for one of the kings. The mould was sent to Munich and cast in gesso there. The reredos was transferred on the demolition of the church in the late 1960s or early 1970s.




 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Adoration of the MagiThe Adoration of the MagiAngel holding a Miniature Cherub: The Adoration of the MagiFigure Holding a Casket: The Adoration of the MagiVirgin and Child Beneath the Tree: The Adoration of the MagiThe Adoration of the MagiThe Adoration of the MagiThe Adoration of the MagiThe Adoration of the MagiThe Adoration of the Magi

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Henry Wilson


Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019