The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John

1911

Crucified Christ with figures of Mary and John in the central lights of a five-light window.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
restorer: Charles Lightfoot

Church of St Engan, Llanengan, Gwynedd
east wall of the chancel aisle

The figures were brought from Christ Church, Winsford, Cheshire and reset by C. Lightfoot in 1979. The surrounding new glass is in leadwork to the design of Donald Buttress.




 

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
Click here for other works connected to Charles Lightfoot

References

Philip Collins, The Corpus of Kempe Stained Glass in the UK and Ireland (Kempe Trust, 2000), p. 322.

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 433.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue

Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019