Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists

  Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1890

Five standing figures under canopies.

medium: alabaster
technique: carved

designer: Charles Busteed Fowler
artist: Henry Hugh Armstead
designer: F. R. Kempson

Church of St Mary, Aberavon, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of the chancel

Designed by the diocesan architects Kempson & Fowler, the figures made by H.H. Armstead.




 

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Charles Busteed Fowler
Click here for other works connected to Henry Hugh Armstead
Click here for other works connected to F. R. Kempson

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), p. 532.




Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019