The Resurrection

  The Resurrection

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1855

Three-light window with a pictorial scene in the central light surrounded by patterned glass. The upper lights depict a six-pointed star, pelican in her piety and Agnus Dei.

technique: stained glass
size: 53 cm (width of each light) [approx]
artist: Alfred Bell
firm/studio: N. W. Lavers

Church of St Cynwyl, Aberporth, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel

The panel by Alfred Bell predates the artist's successful partnership with John Richard Clayton, and was made by N.W. Lavers prior to his partnership with Francis Barraud.




 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The ResurrectionTracery Lights: The Resurrection

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Alfred Bell
Click here for other works connected to Lavers, Barraud & Westlake

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 112.

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (London: Yale University Press, 2006), p. 400.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019