The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John

  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John

Photo © Peter Jones

larger image

about 1900

Three-light window with Christ on the Cross, with Mary and John the Evangelist in the left and right lights respectively.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd

Church of St Sannan, Llansannan, Conwy
east wall of the north nave (Lady Chapel)

Signed by the firm with lettering and their mitre mark.

Given in memory of John Pugh, rector of the parish from 1862-1889, and his wife Frances Jane Cooper, by their son John Pugh.


For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Signature: The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Jones & Willis Ltd


Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: Penguin/University of Wales Press, 1986), p. 240.

View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue

Photo © Peter Jones

Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2020 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2020