Seven-light window with Christ in Glory in the tracery over two rows of standing figures.
technique: stained glass
firm/studio: Morris & Co.
designer: Edward Coley Burne-Jones
Church of St John the Baptist, Wrexham
east wall of the chancel
After the church was demolished, eight of the panels were moved to a window in the north wall of the parish church of St Giles. Many of the figures were designed by Edward Burne-Jones.
Further contemporary glass by the firm was also installed at the Church of St Michael, Poyser Street, Wrexham.
Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Morris & Co.
Click here for other works connected to Edward Coley Burne-Jones
D. R. Thomas, The History of the Diocese of St Asaph (Oswestry: Caxton Press, 1908-1913), vol. III, pp. 313-4.
Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: Penguin/University of Wales Press, 1986), p. 303.
View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019