The Good Wife

  The Good Wife

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1907

Two-light window. A woman gives a piece of bread to a child below in the left-hand light, with a group of three figures opposite.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: J. A. Campbell & Co.

Church of St Thomas, Glyndyfrdwy, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave

Text: 'Her children arise up and call her blessed' (Proverbs 31:28). An angel in the upper quatrefoil holds the text: 'Blessed are the merciful' (Matthew 5:7).

Dedication: 'To the glory of God and in loving memory of the late Dorothea Ann Tottenham of Plas Berwyn who died Jan 8th 1903. Erected by her four children'.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Good WifeThe Good Wife

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to J. A. Campbell & Co.

Further reading

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 605.

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 150.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019