St John the Baptist with St Peter and St Paul

  St John the Baptist with St Peter and St Paul

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1875

Three-light window with standing figures. From left to right: Peter holding an open book, John the baptist with cross and Agnus Dei, and Paul with open book and sword. Panels below depict keys, Agnus Dei, sword with martyr's palm. Angels above hold the texts: 'We preach Christ crucified' (1 Corinthians 1:23).

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake

Church of St Cadoc, Raglan, Monmouthshire
west wall of the tower

The window was given in memory of the vicar, Arthur Montague Wyatt (1810-74). The church was restored during his incumbency by his brother-in-law, the architect T.H. Wyatt. The Revd A.M. Wyatt was vicar from 1864 to 1874.




 

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Lavers, Barraud & Westlake

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 489.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019