St Bartholemew and Gregory the Illuminator

  St Bartholemew and Gregory the Illuminator

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1896

Two-light window with two standing figures.

technique: stained glass
size: 50 cm (width of each light)
artist: Edward Frampton

Church of St Deiniol, Hawarden, Flintshire
north wall by entrance to Gladstone Chapel

Tracery inscription: 'The Noble Army of Martyrs Praise Thee'.

Inscription on plaque: 'To the glory of God and in memory of the Armenians in Turkey who have suffered for the faith, and in undying gratitude for the inspiring example of William Ewart Gladstone. This window is dedicated by Arakel Zadouroff of Baju, Russia A.D. 1897.'





 

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Edward Frampton

Further reading

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 164.

References

Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: Penguin/University of Wales Press, 1986), p. 367.

Malcolm Seaborne, Victorian and Later Stained Glass Windows in Flintshire Churches (Mold: 1996), p. 9.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019