Artworks containing this subject

William Williams, Pantycelyn (61B2(WILLIAM WILLIAMS PANTYCELYN))

William Williams (1717-91) was born at Cefn-coed in the parish of Llanfair-ar-y-bryn, and was ordained deacon in 1740. From c.1748 he made his home at Pantycelyn, and became the most prominent hymnwriter of the Methodist movement in Wales, as well as a tireless itinerant preacher. He published more than 90 books and pamphlets. He is buried in the churchyard at Llanfair-ar-y-bryn.

Browse full subject index  List related subjects

  Crucifixion with Vicar Prichard and William Williams Pantycelyn Crucifixion with Vicar Prichard and William Williams Pantycelyn
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
1922
Church of St Mary, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
  King David with St Twrog and William Williams Pantycelyn King David with St Twrog and William Williams Pantycelyn
about 1900
Church of St Twrog, Maentwrog, Gwynedd
west end of the nave

Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2022 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2022