Pulpit

  Pulpit

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1911
Wooden pulpit with three panels carved in relief with arcading; one of the panels shows a cross amid vines.

medium: wood
technique: carved
size: 120 cm (height) [approx]

Church of St Brynach, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire
north wall

Carved by Frances E Caroline Alderson, niece of the Revd James Williams (1836-1905) a former rector, and in his memory.




 

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site

References

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Pembrokeshire (New Haven/London: Yale University Press, 2004), p. 183.




  Pulpit

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021