The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb

  The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1912
Three-light window. The Angel of the Resurrection is seated at the centre with the three Marys at each side.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne

Church of All Saints, Cwmffrwdoer, Pontnewynydd, Torfaen
east wall of the chancel

These three lights have been reset in the east window, having been brought from the Church of St Luke, Pontnewynydd. after closure.




 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Three Marys Visit the Empty TombThe Three Marys Visit the Empty TombThe Three Marys Visit the Empty TombThe Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Heaton, Butler & Bayne

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 475.

Some Stained Glass Windows executed within the past twenty years (London: The British Society of Master Glass-Painters, 1930), p. 42.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021