Christ in Majesty with St Bride and St David
about 1893Three-light window.
technique: stained glass
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
Church of St Ffraid, Llansanffraid-ym-Mechain, Powys
east wall of the chancel
The window was placed here during or after the restoration of the chancel in 1892-3, when the original east window (The Crucifixion) was moved to the north side of the church.
Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Ward & Hughes
D. R. Thomas, The History of the Diocese of St Asaph (Oswestry: Caxton Press, 1908-1913), vol. III, p. 250.
Robert Scourfield and Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (New Haven/London: Yale University Press, 2013), p. 183.
View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021