King David and St Cecilia

  King David and St Cecilia

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1914
Two-light window with standing figures, David playing the harp, and Cecilia her organ.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd

Church of St Elvan, Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
south wall of the south aisle
previously at: Church of St Mary, Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff

The window is not original to the church, and was brought from the Church of St Mary the Virgin in Aberdare. It was redesigned with additional coloured glass surrounds and installed in 1992. The upper roundels probably contain parts of the original window.

Originally given in memory of W.R. Protheroe, organist of St Mary's, by his friends. The installation in 1992 was the gift of Douglas Gordon James of the parish, who also served as assistant curate, and was later Archdeacon of Margam.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

King David and St Cecilia

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Jones & Willis Ltd


View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  King David and St Cecilia

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021