Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1945
Single-light window.

technique: stained glass
size: 50 cm (width) [approx]
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls

Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the south aisle

The faculty for the window is dated July 1945, and notes the designer of the window was Harry Grylls. The estimated cost was £175.

Dedication: 'Dedicated to all little ones in memory of Harold Carpenter.' It was given by his wife, Lady Carpenter.


The image of Christ as the Good Shepherd is also suggested by the figure of a shepherd with sheep in the background, beneath the city walls.



 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls

References

Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: 1979), p. 304.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021