Christ the Good Shepherd with Heraldry

  Christ the Good Shepherd with Heraldry

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1936
Three-light window. Christ depicted with shepherd's staff and holding a lamb in the central light, flanked by the arms of Llantrisant and Llandaff.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd
designer: Ernest Penwarden
designer: J. Hodges

Church of St Illtyd, St Gwynno and St Dyfodwg, Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff
north wall of the north aisle

Signed with the firm's cowled monk in the lower right-hand light.

Given in memory of David Henry Simon, who was vicar of the parish from 1923-32.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ the Good Shepherd with HeraldryChrist the Good Shepherd with HeraldrySignature: Christ the Good Shepherd with Heraldry

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to James Powell & Sons
Click here for other works connected to Ernest Penwarden
Click here for other works connected to J. Hodges


View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  Christ the Good Shepherd with Heraldry

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021