Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1892
Four-light window, with plain glass above the figures. The backgrounds to the figures have been removed.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.

St Woolos Cathedral, Newport
west wall of north aisle

The window was formerly located towards the east end of the north aisle, according to the history of the church by W.N. Johns, who provided a date for the window.




 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ Blessing Children Brought by their MothersChrist Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to John Hardman & Co.

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 427.

W. N. Johns, History of the Church of S. Gwynllyw, Newport (W.N. Johns, 1891), p. 118.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021