Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ195435
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church near the River Dee. Some of the fabric is of the fifteenth or sixteenth century. The church was restored in 1869.

Artworks at this site:
Saints
probably about 1460
Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire
north wall
East Window
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1893
Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
The Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: Pearce & Cutler
1928
Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel
The Raising of Lazarus
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
probably 1892
Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave
The Resurrection
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
probably 1892
Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave
West Window
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
probably about 1890
Church of St Tysilio, Llantysilio, Denbighshire
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017