Church of the Holy Trinity, Tylorstown, Rhondda Cynon Taff

formerly in: Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST009952
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church designed by E.M. Bruce Vaughan and built 1882-3. It was the first stone-built church in the Rhondda Fach valley and built at a cost of £1,358 with the support of Revd Thomas Edmondes, who gave the land for the church. The interior was reordered in about 2001 with a Heritage Lottery Grant.

People associated with this site
   as architect: E. M. Bruce Vaughan


Artworks at this site:
  Sacred Monograms Sacred Monograms
about 1883
Church of the Holy Trinity, Tylorstown, Rhondda Cynon Taff
sanctuary apse and south side of the chancel
  Christ with the Elements of the Eucharist Christ with the Elements of the Eucharist
firm/studio: Prinknash Abbey
1981
Church of the Holy Trinity, Tylorstown, Rhondda Cynon Taff
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of the Holy Trinity, Tylorstown, Rhondda Cynon Taff height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017