Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH327908
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church with fabric dating back to the eleventh and twelfth century. The chancel was rebuilt in the fifteenth century, and the south chapel and arcade dates to the early sixteenth century.

Artworks at this site:
  Christ Blessing the Elements, Carrying the Cross and with Children Christ Blessing the Elements, Carrying the Cross and with Children
artist: David Evans
1850
Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey
east wall of the chancel


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary, Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017