Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport

formerly in: Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST380834
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church of unknown dedication. The church at Whitson was restored by Prichard & Seddon in 1861, with further work by Arthur Grove in 1909. The church is now closed.


Search for further information about Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport on Google


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
1884
Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport
east wall of the chancel
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
artist: A. E. Buss
1962
Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport
south wall of the nave (baptistry)


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
Whitson_DSC6697A.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018