Church of St David, Penmaenmawr, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH715763
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Church completed in 1897 to the design of Arthur Blomfield. The Church of St David, or Dewi Sant, was built for the Welsh-speaking congregation of the parish of Dwygyfylchi, which encompasses the newer town of Penmaenmawr.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Arthur Blomfield


Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with Saints The Crucifixion with Saints
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
about 1950
Church of St David, Penmaenmawr, Conwy
east wall of the chancel
  David David
about 1897
Church of St David, Penmaenmawr, Conwy
east wall of the sanctuary



Other sites at Penmaenmawr, Caernarfonshire
Church of St Seiriol

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St David, Penmaenmawr, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin







Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017