Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham

formerly in: Flintshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ445441
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Victorian church begun in 1872, funded by the Kenyon family.
Closed in 2007.

Artworks at this site:
  Christ is Anointed at the House of a Pharisee Christ is Anointed at the House of a Pharisee
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
formerly hung in the nave
  Figures of Christ Figures of Christ
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1880
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
sanctuary apse
  Virgin and Child with St Joseph, St Elizabeth and St John the Baptist Virgin and Child with St Joseph, St Elizabeth and St John the Baptist
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
west wall of the nave
  An Angel Greets the Three Women at the Empty Tomb An Angel Greets the Three Women at the Empty Tomb
artist: Trena Cox
1970
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
south wall of the nave
  Christ Holding a Book Christ Holding a Book
about 1873
Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham
exterior gable of the porch


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Church of St Mary Magdalene, Tallarn Green, Wrexham height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_7145.jpg_MG_9352.jpg



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017