Church of St Julius and St Aaron, St Julians, Newport, Monmouthshire
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Place OS Grid Ref: ST3289
Important but unfinished work by John Coates Carter, 1925-26. A much reduced design from the impressive basilica originally intended (1917), inspired by the Roman remains in nearby Caerleon. (Designs at National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth). Reredos by H. L. Webber and made in Munich for Father Ignatius' monastery church at Capel-y-ffin (1882) and re-assembled here 1932.
as architect: John Coates Carter
| Our Lady and the Holy Child |
Church of St Julius and St Aaron, St Julians, Newport
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017