Church of Our Lady of the Woods, Betws-y-coed, Conwy

formerly in: Caernarfonshire


Diocese of Wrexham

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SH79465627

Church (Roman Catholic)

Church completed and opened in 1961. Work began on the site in 1959 with the help of volunteers, and the original intention was to dedicate the church to Our Lady and St Rhychwyn. The church closed in 2002 and was converted into a holiday home. A complete set of windows was provided by Murphy-Devitt Studios, much of which was moved to the Church of the Good Shepherd at Llanrwst.

view on the National Monuments Record (COFLEIN)


Search for further information about Church of Our Lady of the Woods, Betws-y-coed, Conwy on Google


Artworks at this site:
  Christian Symbols Christian Symbols
firm/studio: Murphy-Devitt Studios
about 1961
now at: Church of the Good Shepherd, Llanrwst, Conwy
(liturgical) west window
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
artist: Gillian Deeny
about 1961
now at: Church of the Good Shepherd, Llanrwst, Conwy
Lady Chapel
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Murphy-Devitt Studios
probably 1960s
now at: Church of the Good Shepherd, Llanrwst, Conwy
south wall of the sanctuary
  Virgin Mary Virgin Mary
1962
now at: Church of St Mary, Betws-y-coed, Conwy
east wall of the north aisle

Other sites at Betws-y-coed, Caernarfonshire
Church of St Mary

View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021