Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO033323
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Victorian building on the site of a medieval church, although the tower dates from the sixteenth century. Rich late ninetenth-century fittings including tiles, reredos and east window. The brass memorial screen is dated 1881 and this may be contemporary with the furnishing of the rest of the chancel.

CPAT Churches Survey

Artworks at this site:
  Pelican in Her Piety Pelican in Her Piety
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
lectern, nave
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
about 1880
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
pulpit, south west corner of the nave
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
artist: Ward
third quarter of the nineteenth century
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  The Deposition, Entombment and Resurrection The Deposition, Entombment and Resurrection
about 1880
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
east wall of sanctuary
  Two Angels with the Baptism of Cornelius and the Supper at Emmaus Two Angels with the Baptism of Cornelius and the Supper at Emmaus
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1902
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
west wall of the nave


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017