Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN108144
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Only the tower remains of the medieval church. The chancel was rebuilt in 1829 by James Hughes and the remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1881 by T.G. Jackson.

Artworks at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, St John and St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
about 1900
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  Christ with St Andrew and St Peter Christ with St Andrew and St Peter
1914
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
west wall of the nave
  King David    from    St Cecilia and King David King David
from St Cecilia and King David

about 1902
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
east walls either side of the chancel arch
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
artist: Christopher Charles Powell
1948
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  Christ with the Doctors in the Temple Christ with the Doctors in the Temple
about 1901
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  St Christopher and St Michael St Christopher and St Michael
firm/studio: Morris & Co.
about 1920
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  St John the Evangelist and St David St John the Evangelist and St David
artist: Joan Fulleylove
1932
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
St Andrew
probably 1850s or 60s
Church of St Andrew, Narberth, Pembrokeshire
vestry (north wall)


View this site on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue






Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017