Murphy-Devitt Studios (1958-1980)

Stained glass studio established by Johnny Murphy (1921–2006), his wife Roísín Dowd Murphy (1923–2006) and John A. Devitt. Both Johnny Murphy and Devitt had worked at Harry Clarke Studios, and after undertaking commissions together after 1955, they established the studio in the late 1950s (information kindly provided by David Caron).

Website for Murphy-Devitt Studios.


Search for further information about Murphy-Devitt Studios on Google

Your search found 2 results.
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Murphy-Devitt Studios
probably 1960s
Church of the Good Shepherd, Llanrwst, Conwy
south wall of the sanctuary
  Christian Symbols Christian Symbols
firm/studio: Murphy-Devitt Studios
about 1961
Church of the Good Shepherd, Llanrwst, Conwy
(liturgical) west window


Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021