Drake & Sons (c. 1865–1957)Ecclesiastical furnishers based in Exeter. The firm was founded by Frederick Drake (1838–1920), a nephew of the stained glass artist Robert Beer. Frederick Drake's studio prospered as glaziers to Exeter Cathedral, and his sons, Maurice (1875–1923) and Wilfred (1879–1948) continued to work in the twentieth century, and the studio closed in the late 1950s.
Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), pp. 43–4.
David Cook, Cataloguing Flemish Roundels in Devon (2010).
| The Virgin Mary Teaching Christ to Read with St Anne |
firm/studio: J. Drake & Sons
about 1952Church of the Holy Trinity, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021