A. R. Mowbray & Co.

Oxford firm of ecclesiastical furnishers and religious booksellers. The firm was founded by Alfred Richard Mowbray (1824–75). A London address at Margaret Street, W1, is given by the firm in a letter of 1939. Their making of ecclesiastical fittings was taken over by J. Wippell & Co. in 1969, although the styles of both firms has similarities even in the 1930s, suggesting that perhaps there were longer lasting connections.


Search for further information about A. R. Mowbray & Co. on Google

Your search found 3 results.
 Charity Thinketh No Evil Charity Thinketh No Evil
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray & Co.
1933
Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
east wall of the south nave
  St Christopher and St John the Evangelist St Christopher and St John the Evangelist
firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray & Co.
designer: Arthur L. Ward
about 1936
Church of St David, Neath, Neath Port Talbot
west wall of the north aisle
Dorcas
firm/studio: Mowbray & Co.
about 1939
Church of St Teilo, Llandeloy, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave


Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021