E. H. Lingen Barker

Architect of Hereford. E.H. Lingen Barker was the St Davids Diocesan architect between 1870 and 1875, and undertook small-scale restorations of small churches in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire during that period and after.

Further reading

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (London: Yale University Press, 2006), pp. 43, 44.

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Pembrokeshire (New Haven/London: Yale University Press, 2004), p. 59.



Sites associated with this person
   as architect: Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest , Pembrokeshire
   as architect: Church of St James the Great, Walwyns Castle , Pembrokeshire
   as architect: Church of St Peter, Little Newcastle , Pembrokeshire
   as architect: Church of St Caranog, Llangrannog , Ceredigion
   as architect: Church of St Michael, Pembroke , Pembrokeshire
   as architect: Church of St John the Baptist, Nelson , Caerphilly



There are no artworks in the database associated with this person.

Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017