Camm & Co. (c. 1866 - c. 1950)

Stained glass firm established in Smethwick as Camm Bros in about 1866 by three brothers. One of these, Thomas Camm, set up his own firm, T.W. Camm & Co., nearby in 1888, after which the studio traded as Camm & Co.

Although Camm & Co. continued to make figurative stained glass windows, their archives (surviving at Sandwell Archvies) suggest that a good deal of their work was plainer leaded lights, for clients across England and Wales. In 1907 they styled themselves as 'Artists in stained glass and decoration'.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 23.




Search for further information about Camm & Co. on Google

Your search found 2 results.
  The Armour of God The Armour of God
firm/studio: Camm & Co.
1922
Tabernacl, Morriston, Swansea
front wall, upper floor
  Receiving the Crown of Life Receiving the Crown of Life
firm/studio: Camm & Co.
1922
Tabernacl, Morriston, Swansea
front wall, upper floor




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2018 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2018