H. J. Salisbury (about 1891-1916)

Stained glass studio founded by Henry James Salisbury (1864-1916) based in St Albans with a showroom in Knightsbridge. The studio was particularly favoured by Wesleyan Methodist churches.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 107.




Search for further information about H. J. Salisbury on Google

Your search found 3 results.
  The Ascension with the Four Evangelists The Ascension with the Four Evangelists
firm/studio: H. J. Salisbury
about 1903
Trinity Methodist Church, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the chancel
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
firm/studio: H. J. Salisbury
about 1920
Trinity Methodist Church, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
north wall of the north transept
  Christ Preaching under Solomon's Porch Christ Preaching under Solomon's Porch
firm/studio: H. J. Salisbury
about 1920
Trinity Methodist Church, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
south wall of the south transept




Browse list of people in the database


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019